11 March 2013

Looking green

This week I have picked up my teapots and a couple of little vessels from the community kiln.

this one's mate is in the hands of Australia Post, winging its way to Studio @ Flinders who run the Melbourne Teapot Show.

The design is slightly different to this one but made in the same way. A painted underglaze design based on the flowers of the Illawarra Flame Tree with a little scraffito detail.  They were then glazed in a pale celedon and gas reduction fired to 1280 degrees which vitrifies the clay and makes them non-porous.

I also had two little tealight holders in the same firing -
one already has a new home to go to, this is the other one:

In the mean time I am helping to organize part of the 'Clay on Display' feature at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.  The Port Hacking Potters Group will be there on Friday 22 March - call by and say 'hello' when you check out the Arts and Crafts Pavillion.

Off to Mud Colony now to see what's happening in other studios and remember I have a Facebook page, Anna's Ceramics and a Fb Group, Anna's Aussie Ceramics.

4 comments:

smartcat said...

That is a gorgeous green. I Like the reversed design on the lid. Success!

Anna said...

Hi Smartcat
Thank you :^) I prefer the pale celedon on white clay. The darker green looks better on red clay I think.

Linda Starr said...

oh that turned out super, love that blue glaze.

Anna said...

thanks Linda, its a pale green celedon glaze - guess it does tend to blue in the picture. I like the transparency :^)