24 July 2017

Marking time

Preparation for my exhibition is ongoing with all my sculptures now fired.

Now to smooth off any rough edges and take photos...

In the meantime I am waiting for teapots to dry so I can get those fired for the Sydney Teapot Show.

The Teapot Show used to be held at a co-operative gallery in Glebe but this year will be held at a commercial gallery in Newtown...

More on those once I know I have managed to fire them successfully... I have some made in porcelain and some made in a new to me clay by Keane Ceramic Suppliers called Stoneware 9.  I'm hoping to get a nice warm colour once fired.

wedged ready to start throwing...


Put outside to encourage drying before being able to trim

Have a good week



2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck.
I hope you can fill the waiting time with pleasant things. My impatient self doesn't wait well...

Anna said...

Hi EC
thank you... working in clay has helped me learn to be little more patient - it won't be rushed!