23 March 2021

Experimental Clay

 I have been having some fun back at TAFE the last few Saturdays.  I am undertaking a Master Class with Julie Bartholomew who truly is a Master of the unexpected.

https://www.instagram.com/juliebartholomewceramics/

She is a great teacher and I am hoping the short course will inspire me for an art work to enter in the Port Hacking Potters National Competition later this year...

One of the things we have been doing is dipping dry plant matter in porcelain slip and then firing them..  such interesting results.


4 comments:

smartcat said...

Very interesting. I have seen fabric dipped in slip and fired, but never plant life.
I may try this with the low fire slip I have.
Toes crossed that all is well with you.

Elephant's Child said...

Ooooh.
I am really, really looking forward to seeing more.

Anna said...

Hi Smarcat we are using a mid fire (cone 6) Lumina Porcelain and doing a single firing so it would be interesting to see if a low fire would work. They have to be very dry and light to work.

Anna said...

Hi EC I will get the results of our second lot on Saturday so I'm hoping for some better results and will post again :)