02 January 2015

2015 is here and the reno has started!

The New Year has started and I'm hoping for great things...

starting with the renovation of my studio by my extra clever husband.  He is doing a light render on the walls and filling all the cracks where the lizards get in and poop on my stored equipment...  It will be lighter and brighter and ORGANISED and just a wonderful space in which to Create.


It started with this hole in the wall for the extractor fan for my new kiln..

















Then I had to move everything so that the back walls could be accessed...

Next the fan was installed...

Then the walls were started...  it will have to be left to dry for a couple of weeks before the walls can be painted...

So in the mean time I am sorting through all my bits and bobs and trying to be ruthless about discarding those "just in case" pieces of junk that most potters seem to collect.  You know, the ones that will make terrific texture "one day" or those test tiles that you are no longer sure what the code on the underside relates too!!


No comments: