23 September 2017

Stumped by the weather...

I had hoped to be doing a raku firing today but with most of the state under a Total Fire Ban the day has been cancelled.. so disappointed...

So during the week I potted up some plants in some of my pottery...
The larger one was made as a planter while the smaller one with a saucer is two repurposed pots... the bowl had a fault so wasn't glazed (a piece of plastic caught in the clay while reclaiming and not noticed) plus a saucer that was a shallow bowl but the glaze was too thick..

Hope you all have a lovely week and I'm off to wash the car in the hope we get some rain.. it often works..


6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your plants and sooooo hope that you can bring rain.
Sigh about the raku firing, but there will be other days.

Anna said...

Hi EC I heard a lone frog calling the other night.. I do hope we get rain soon... the geranium or is that pelargonium, on the right is a cutting from one of my fathers'.

Elephant's Child said...

I have some plants which came from cuttings I got from my father (now gone for over twenty years). I treasure them.

Anna said...

Some plants are more special than others... I am potting more cuttings for my brothers.

Linda Starr said...

I hope you get some rain; when I used to live in California we always were worried about fire, I don't wish that fear on any one.

Anna said...

Hi Linda we do have cloud so fingers crossed it amounts to some rain.. I believe parts of USA have had some bad fires this season.. it is unusually early for us to have total fire bans so I do hope we get rain soon.