23 July 2020

Adapting to the times

It seems this terrible virus will be around for some time yet.  We almost had it beaten in NSW but with an uprise of cases in Victoria the virus has travelled to our state too. It seems all we can do is keep ourselves well and follow the recommendations on social distancing and hygiene.  Mask wearing is becoming the norm.  Those who don't have a craft or hobby must be finding things very difficult.

Luckily I am well stocked with clay and glazes and can keep myself busy.  The one drawback is that my studio is rather cold and shaded but I rug up with a extra layer of clothes and a hat and I'm doing more handbuilding than wheel work.

I have been able to sell some of my smaller pieces online via my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AnnasCeramics/
and my Instagram account: @potterybyanna

I also have another commission to work on and the possibility of being part of a community exhibition later in the year.

I hope all of my followers are keeping well. Here are some pieces that sold recently: 

 A destash of buttons...

Percival has found a new home in the country

this Saddleback guy is with new friends in a suburban home
these bowls were delivered to a nearby suburb

So I am trying to adapt and stay well.  All the best out there. 

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love that your creativity continues. The buttons are incredibly stylish and the pigs charmers. The bowls are subtly elegant.
Keep staying safe, well and productive.

Anna said...

Hi EC thank you for your lovely words. I hope you are staying safe and well too.

gz said...

Good to see you keeping creative.
We caught up with the jobs that are not done when we travel!

Anna said...

Hi gz yes we did quite a bit of that at first... now we have boxes for the charity shops when they reopen.