31 May 2012

Two Cool (Ice) teapots

This week I've made two teapots using Cool Ice, the porcelain which fires at Cone 6 (approx 1200).
Throwing it is fine, its the putting together without distorting anything that is tricky!  I guess I'm leaving them a little thick but then again they will shrink.....
Then of course there is the decorating ....




the one nearest the camera has a molded flower bud as the knob for the lid and a little chattering around the base.  The other one is plain for now.  I'll have my thinking cap on for a few days before starting on them.

Remember to hop over to Mud Colony and check out what others have been up to in their studios this week...



6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

The one on the right is that a stand you have for it? very cool.

Anna said...

Hi Linda, nice to see you here again. No, that is a plaster bat I used to elevate the pot when I turned it upside down while the handle firmed up. I have lots of 'useful' bits around ;^)

Kim Schoenberger said...

Very nice, I like the moulded flower bud as the knob. I'll look forward to seeing them finsihed.

Ellen Appleby said...

These are really cool !! (get it!!)

Adriana Christianson said...

Anna, I think that you might be a bloody good thrower of Teapots...as WELL as a super lovley girlie !!

Anna said...

Hi Kim, thank you. Fingers crossed they make it thru the next 2 stages OK ;^)
Hi Ellen, :^) ha, ha and one might even say cold given the temps in Sydney of late.
Hi Adriana, well that made me blush :^) feeling a bit nervous about showing them raw - I've have been sketching ideas to finish them and still not sure!