13 July 2013

Teapots OK

Teapots are OK to go to the Sydney Teapot Show.  That is a relief - you can never be entirely sure until they have emerged from their last firing.

I'll have 3 to submit this year...
here are some peeks

1) is a celedon glaze with black underglaze decoration



2) has red underglaze decoration and a clear glaze



and 3) has orange underglaze and tissue print decoration

I hope they find new homes.  I will be delivering them around the 25th July and the exhibit opens on Friday 2 August 2013 at the Inner City Clayworkers Gallery in Glebe, Sydney at 6pm if you can make it there.
The show runs until 1 September 2013 but the sales at the opening are quite good usually so best to get in then if you are in the market for a new teapot.  Of course not all are functional.  Many are hardly recognizable as teapots but always a wonderful range of clever, fun interpretations of the themes.

Quite happy with my other results...
My boxes are all shiny and the colours stayed bright 


 Maybe I should consider finding a satin semi matt glaze for these?


wheelthrown slipped and carved porcelain vase

the black and white contrast worked well on this one...

Mud Colony is open for you to add your blog post if you are a potter who blogs or just drop over to see what the others have been up to this week... click here :^)

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Yeah for the teapots, do you test to see how they pour as well?

love how the boxes turned out. I like semi matt but my Gary is always telling me he likes shiny ceramics I think some folks like one and some the other, how about making them some matt and some shiny. It would be a good conversation starter at a show pointing out the differences to potential customers and asking which they preferred.

Anna said...

Hi Linda
Yes I do test for pouring. One of my teapots once had the glaze run back down inside the spout and clogged up all the sieve holes. It will make a nice planter when I get to it.
Having a choice of matt or shiny does sound good.
I get the feeling you are ready to play with clay again yourself? I know I get an itch if I'm away from clay for too long :^)

Kim Schoenberger said...

oh yipeee! All the best, hope they find new homes...

Anna said...

Thanks Kim :^) you are sure to hear if they do...