24 March 2014

Sunday Ceramics - well its one more day

My friend Kim Foale has generously put up a link for us clay bloggers called Sunday Ceramics and somehow these last couple of weeks I have not quite got there so I'm hoping to slip this post in a day late.

Really when I'm late blogging it generally means I'm busy with my clay in one form or another.

So since I last posted I've been part of a stall with Port Hacking Potters and considering it rained we didn't do too badly..
it was at the Bundeena Art of Living Festival and we caught the edge of a storm so we had some slightly wet gear to take home.

Then I visited our local museum - some fun pieces on display






While many of the ceramics on display were of British origins I am fairly sure these Flying Kookaburras would be Australian made..  I might have to go back and check..




The worst of the summer heat has passed and we have had some rain (as mentioned above) which has brought out some early autumn flowers.  Pity the weeds also like those conditions. I don't know the name of this creeper but it puts on a nice show at this time of year.



My experimental tea bowls are out of the kiln - stoneware clay, black underglaze rings and a Chun glaze which makes the underglaze appear to be dark blue.  I quite like these and hope to use that combination again.



And today it was packing up my teapots for the Melbourne Teapot Show at the Studio @ Flinders Gallery.
I do hope they are well received.

Pop over to Sunday Ceramics and see some more clayers blog post links or join me on Facebook.


2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

love the flying birds, they almost look like pelicans

Anna said...

Hi Linda
aren't they great! what a joke based on the flying ducks on lounge room walls in the 1950's. A kookaburra is also known as the Laughing Jackass for its loud call and is much smaller than our pelican.